The elusive bridesmaid dress hunt goes on but I will succeed or die trying. (I've seen those crazy reality TV shows about bridezillas so the dying while trying is a reality, albeit a slim reality!)I'm off to Roto-vegas (Rotorua for those not from New Zealand) tomorrow to continue the hunt. Also, I might invest in some burgundy dye, just in case.
And then, on Saturday, it is the Hen's Party. Now, this will be the second Hen's Party I have been to and the first I've organised. This is what I have planned so far:
- Naughty Pass the Parcel (Might have mini dares in it etc)
- Pin the Manhood on the Man (That's what it says on the packaging...pun totally intended)
- Banana Ring Toss
- The traditional making a wedding dress out of toilet paper - because what bride doesn't want to be dressed to the nines in toilet paper.
- How well do you know your partner for the bride - shots involved for every failed answer.
- Moulding members (where everyone in a current relationship has to mould their partner's Johnson out of play dough...)
- Just Dance 2 on the Wii cause there isn't anything better than watching drunk people attempt to dance.
I have been warned by my friend that there shall be no wearing of the Harry Potter hoodie, no watching of the LotR trilogy and no references to Star Wars or Star Trek. I smiled and nodded but didn't make any promises for the las two.
I'm also going to order a lot of mini foods through our shop's catering company because everyone loves mini quiches and cheese cake, right? Plus, I might even attempt to make sangria and a special punch that was concocted many a drunken moon ago.**
Random side note: Is anyone going to attempt NaNoWriMo this year? I'm seriously thinking about it even though I will be teaching at the time.
*Today's title is proudly brought to you by the amazing gentlemen bloggers from A Beer for the Shower. If you haven't already checked them out get your arse over there***
** Don't panic - there will also be beer there as well.
***When I write 'arse' like so I read it in an Irish accent. I also pretend I'm drunk while doing so.****
****I have a thing for accents. You may have noticed.