Pages

Monday 18 April 2011

Top Five Zombie Movies...

I am currently watching the latest installment of the Resident Evil films and I was thinking about what I think are the top five zombie films of all time, which led me to make that my topic for today. Plus, it is a rather easy entry as I have another one of those lovely headaches that seem intent on making my life rather interesting.
So, for the sake of my laziness, I'm going to dive right in.

Shaun of the Dead
But wait, I hear you say. Didn't you use this in you post yesterday. Why, yes I did but it is a classic and it fits into the the world of zombies because there are zombies in it. Plus it is a homage to Dawn of the Dead etc and it is a freaking good film.

Dawn of the Dead (The Remake)
This made zombies scary again. Instead of the slow, comical zombies demanding brains we have fast, vicious and damn scary zombies that are hungry for your flesh. Also, the ambiguous ending makes for good entertainment.

Zombieland
This is also a comedy but it is brilliantly done. It lightly pokes fun at itself as a film and at many other things, which I love. I also love the fact that the male lead is nearly as neurotic as myself with all his rules. The way in which this was filmed also adds to the enjoyment. 

Braindead
Peter Jackson is one of my idols and this earlier film of his is one of the first 'horror' films that I saw. This film explains how the people became zombies, though it comes about in a rather funny way. It is great to see Peter Jackson's work pre- LotR just to see where he came from .

28 Days Later
This is a stark and gritty film which I find absolutely brilliant. The scenes that Danny Boyle managed to get of a nearly deserted London are amazing and Cillian Murphy was perfect in this film. I know that they're technically not zombies and that the humans are infected by a rage virus but it's a damn good film and it's my list so it made the cut.

There are many other great zombie related mediums out there: The Walking Dead, The Crazies and Dead Space to name a few but as this was just films there you have it.

Now, I'm going to get back to my movie viewing. Until tomorrow my dear readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment