Pages

Sunday 17 April 2011

Top Five Comedy films...and a mini mind fart...

It is day seventeen and I have been blogging like a fool. I'm glad I stuck with this idea of five things but I tell you, it's not easy. Sometimes it is a real struggle for me to think about what I should write and sometimes I wonder why I bother. Before you start freaking out and thinking I'm an attention whore or something like that I want to assure you that I'm not. What I mean by bothering is that there is so many other things that I should be doing and the main one is figuring out what I'm going to do since looking for a job hasn't been working for me so far.

Then there is my writing, which I really should be focusing on but I keep getting distracted and this is one of the distractions. Twitter is another because I just like reading about Cassandra Clare's characters etc. (I refuse to follow Charlie Sheen because, in my own opinion, he is a sick, sick man...I don't really need to elaborate.)

Then there is the usual cleaning, cooking and washing routine which, I admit, I am always behind in though I don't mind vacuuming...especially when I have my headphones in and I bop* around the house.

So basically, I feel that there are other things that I should be doing but then I remember that I actually enjoy looking up my favourites of things and sharing them with the interwebs. So, with that random little chat out of the way I'm diving into my top five comedy films.

Spaceball - Mel Brooks
This is the ultimate spoof of Star Wars, Star Trek and any science fiction film pre-1987. I love the whole thing from start to finish and who can forget that lovely Alien tribute at the end. You have to love a little alien in a top hat singing. And who can forget, "I see your Schwartz is as big as mine..."

Monty Python and the Holy Grail Or any Monty Python film ever.
I don't really feel like I need to explain this but if you have never seen any Monty Python you need to get out to your nearest video store or whatever and watch. It's British comedy at its best.

Shaun of the Dead - Edgar Wright
"You've got red on you." Zombies and Simon Pegg. Hilarious and a brilliant tribute to all of those zombie horrors of the last few decades. Plus Nick Frost is hilarious.

Austin Powers in Goldmember
All the Austin Powers films are funny as anything but I have fond memories of the third one and can relentlessly quote lines from it all the time. Mike Myers is hilarious and has a great sense of comic timing and a very witty sense of humour.

Zoolander
I'm not the biggest Ben Stiller fan but I really love this film. It is pure stupid fun with some great one liners. I love a film that can make fun of itself.

As you may have noticed I don't watch a lot of comedy and my preferences are towards British humour aside from that I hope you enjoy the list and let me know of any good comedies that you reckon I should watch.

Until tomorrow...


*Yep I wrote bop - and I do bop, though I guess if someone was to walk in it may look like I'm in the middle of being electrocuted but hey, dance like no one's watching, right? Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment