Pages

Saturday 26 February 2011

In which I bemoan the blank page of doom...

I am currently staring at the blank page of doom while the ideas on what to write fight battle royale style in my head. I am somewhat amused by how this image is going down in my head and I have to laugh at how my imagination integrates movie scenes in my head with ease.

This blank page of doom is actually scaring me because I want to write. I want to get published so I can call myself an author and I know that there are many others in the world who are currently in my position. I don't want to be one of those people who talk about writing the next great thing but never have the guts to go through with it. I know that this may sound a bit harsh but you have to admit that nearly everyone you meet will say that they want to write or they'd love to write a novel.

I have actually written a novel and, although I feel I must tweak it some more, I do want to send it off to a publisher and I am going to do that. Nothing like a bit of positive affirmation in the early morning. Well, it isn't as early as it was. For some strange reason my mind told me to wake at 5.30am and so now I am holed away in the corner of the shop (which doesn't open till 12 by the way) and have been for sometime. Hence the blank page of doom bemoaning. At least I am only on my second cup of coffee.

In other news I am finally watching The Hurt Locker and so far I am really enjoying it. I wasn't sure what I was going to think of it but the camera shots and angles are gritty and I love that kind of technique. The acting is pretty great so far as well but I have to watch the film in full before I can give a proper review. I am waiting for 127 Hours to finally start here as well as Black Swan both films that I desperately want to watch but since I am currently residing in the middle of nowhere I must rely on my stores of patience.

If there are any other films that you could recommend leave me a comment. Also, if you happen to know any sure fire cures of writer's block let me know. I've nearly gone through all the ones that I know.

P.S. My sister and her children are now safely up here. They left Christchurch on the first plane that they could get on. So I have a rather full house and have moved myself to the small bach out the back mainly to give them some space and to make sure I retain at least some form of sanity.

P.P.S. Dead Space: Extraction for the Wii is pretty damn awesome. It is a simple game but the story is excellent. I guess my next expense will be Dead Space for the P.C. since I don't have an XBox or PS3...

P.P.P.S. I've stopped playing WoW - mainly because my free trial is nearly up and I don't know if I can afford to pay for it since I can barely afford to buy anything else at the moment.

P.P.P.P.S If you've gotten this far go you! I just felt like writing the letter 'P' and this gave me the excuse I needed. But, since you have gotten this far I will give you something. Hmm...::*::looks around the table::*:: Um, I don't have anything off hand but I can recommend a musician that I just heard - Justin Nozuka. His songs are brilliant - especially After Tonight and Save Him.

Peace and Pancakes

No comments:

Post a Comment