Pages

Monday 7 March 2011

In which I admit a not so guilty secret...

We all know that that I am a self proclaimed nerd, geek etc but few know that I am secretly a big fan of classic rock. You know; Journey, Zepplin, The Rolling Stones, CCR, Queen and even a little REO Speedwagon when the mood is right. Now, before you start thinking that I also sport a mullet I'll just let you know that I am a part time bogan...besides, my hair is more of an 80s Flashdance puff rather than a business up front, party at the back kinda do.

You have to admit that there is nothing better than singing along at the top of your lungs to I Want to Break Free or Pinball Wizard. I don't know what it is but the lyrics are great, the beat rocks and most of the songs have a story to them.

This leads onto another not so guilty secret and that is my love of the show Supernatural. This show covers three of my favourite things; the supernatural/urban legends, classic rock and awesome classic cars. I mean, that Impala is just plain awesome and you throw in that music. Plus, the actors are kinda easy on the eyes.

If you haven't heard of this show I do recommend it. All seasons as well. The basic plot follows the Winchester brothers, Dean and Sam, as they travel across America hunting things. The first couple of seasons deal with them trying to find the demon that killed their mother and many others then the focus moves to them dealing with changes in their lives and more. I can't summarise it in a way that doesn't bring about some major spoilers but I do recommend it to anyone who enjoyed The X Files, American Gothic, Poltergeist: The Legacy and so on.

In all seriousness though this show is right up my alley and the plot lines, mytharc and so on are really great. Plus, the character development is outstanding. The growth of the characters from the first season to now (season 6) is just amazing. Then there is the fact that they can make fun of themselves, which is somewhat unusual in the world of television. All you have to do is watch the episodes Yellow Fever or The French Mistake or many others.

So I will insert a little comedy moment from this wonderful show with said classic car and rock right here for your enjoyment. Supernatural Eye of the Tiger.

So, what are your not so guilty secrets? What are your favourite shows? Let me know!

Peace and pancakes, y'all.

Edit: I tried to put the video in but blogger was being sucky to me today so I just had to put the link in. 


No comments:

Post a Comment