Pages

Wednesday 2 February 2011

In which I attempt to do something...

In my neverending attempt to become a writer - as in an 'official-yes-my-book/s-are-in-bookstores' writer I have also had to work part time. Now, this wouldn't bother me so much if it weren't for one small fact: in my home town there are very few jobs going. By few I really mean none - unless you count working at Pak 'n' Save or Maccas...both of which are perfectly respectable but I already work part time in my family's takeaway business where we also sell groceries on the side...thus I am already doing both of the above...

Anyway, I sometimes like to pretend that I am a budding business woman with a multitude of ideas buzzing around in my brain but it isn't long before the rational side of my mind realises that as a business woman I'd make a better hat...I try to have a a business mind but it never seems to eventuate. Or maybe it does but the other side of my mind overrides it with silly songs* or other such frivolities such as looking at amusing badges over at Etsy.

But, lately, in my quest to do something more than hiding away in a back room furiously typing, I have been thinking of starting a serious blog wherein I review stuff on a Monday, Wednesday, Friday basis. I was thinking maybe reviewing books, movies and music or something like that...or even involving a friend or two in an attempt to conquer the interwebs with my amazing reviews and witty banter...**

I know that there are a multitude of sites out there already who do something like this and not all sites manage to do well but I guess there is no harm in trying...right? (Yep, I am asking you, faithful reader, lurker or whatever you may be to give me your input or ideas...) I guess, in a way, this will give me an excuse to write something different and you know what they say about distractions.***

Anyway, I am just tentatively voicing my ideas here in a way to motivate myself more and to get over the bitter disappointment of today. **** Also, it gives me a chance to test out my new computer...my poor Dell that I had for over three years was abruptly put out of her misery on Monday morning and I now have a new Compaq who I have dubbed Nicodemus...I always said that if I had to buy a new computer it would be a MacBook Pro but they are expensive and I have a B.A. in English...

Well I will finish here and possibly go and flip some burgers if I am needed...the perks of living behind a takeaway shop.

Good day to you all
Peace and pancakes...


*Snape, Snape, Severus Snape...Dumbledore (The Potter Puppet Pal's in What's That Mysterious Ticking Noise) Or "The Hero of Canton, the man they call Jayne...
** Apparently I like to think of myself as having the social skills to be able to get away with witty banter - when in actuallity I often sound like someone attempting to not have milk splurt out of her nose...
*** I'm guessing someone says something about distractions...I mean someone says something about everything, right?
**** I'm not really bitter or disappointed...just not having much luck in the search for work. Although I think I'm doing a good impression of a semi starving artist...;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment