Pages

Monday 1 November 2010

Entering the fray...

It has begun...well it began at one minute past midnight but, apparently, my brain did not want me to be awake for that as I fell asleep watching Halloween (the Rob Zombie one, unfortunately...).

What has begun you may find yourself asking...well...NaNoWriMo of course. (www.nanowrimo.org) So, I have started this epic task of writing an average of 1667 words per day for the next thirty days. I am pretty sure that I am still in the 'honeymoon' stage as I am super excited and have managed to convince several friends to commit themselves to this challenge. (I am hoping that they will still be friends after the thirty days...fingers crossed.)

So, after the initial rejection of the first eighteen paragraphs those wonderful muses that I have came a-running and the creativity has begun. The only down side to this euphoric sensation are my final days of lectures. Now, it has been a long hard year and writing just for the sake of writing had become somewhat of a novelty to me but now it's all guns blazing and ignore everything else - aside from these infernal lectures...

There is, however, something that I have forgotten to organise in this mad dash to attempt NaNoWriMo and that is music. I normally have my ipod on shuffle but I feel that I may need to organise what I am listening to a bit more because I would like to keep the same tone throughout my novel and I have this feeling that my writing might change according to my mood...and we can't have a serious novel turning into a comedy before jumping straight over that shark Fonzie style into a drama.

So, for anyone reading - I would love suggestions of music to write novels by...

I realise that this may seem like me babbling and you would be correct but it is good babbling and I shall leave it at that.

Much love, peace and pancakes...mmm pancakes...

NaNoWriMo word count: 956
Tune of the moment: Everything You Want - Vertical Horizon

Edit: I know that the date says the 31st of October - I'd just like to state for the record that I am in New Zealand and it is the 1st of November...I promise I'm not cheating! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment