Pages

Sunday 31 October 2010

Dusting off and NaNoWriMo

It's an update...ha! but since I don't think anyone has been reading this I can view it as a fresh start - notice my deviousness...

So - I'm not sure whether I do a re-introduction...ah, what the hell...

I'm a 28 year old geek girl from Aotearoa(New Zealand) who is far too obsessed with Firefly, Serenity, Joss Whedon in general, Battlestar Galactica, dinosaurs and so much more that I won't go into. I have written a novel but have yet to send it off due to an undying fear that I will be held accountable for corrupting young children with bad writing (subtle dig at someone who remain nameless...maybe...)

I have a constant need to be reading or travelling or something...I have an unhealthy obsession with many weird and wacky things...tartaned goldfish being one of them...oh and occasionally acting as a velociraptor...I mean, who doesn't want to be a raptor at one point in their life.

That aside - I have nearly finished my teaching course but am still very undecided on whether I will actually will go into teaching but that is neither here or there. The main point for restarting this little old blog here is because I no longer have the constant stress of lectures and assignments so I can readily update without pressure but also, NaNoWriMo starts at midnight tonight and I am looking forward to getting my fingers to do some more typing. This is the fun kind of typing - hopefully since this is the first year that I am attempting this.

For those of you who don't know what NaNoWriMo is check this link www.nanowrimo.org
Basically, over the month of November your aim is to write 50 000 words for a novel. So, no real pressure there, right...?

So this blog will help me track my process while letting everyone see the spiral of insanity that I often get myself into...don't worry...it's all in the name of fun...

This is the part where I tell my readers to strap in for the bumpy ride...don't worry though, I always provide food and entertainment. Oh, and you may want to keep your hands inside the cart at all times.

Oh and any tips or ideas are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment