Pages

Sunday 4 May 2014

Weekend Round Up #17 The May the Fourth Be With You Edition

May the Fourth be with you, Padawans. Today, in honour of one of my favourite series ever, this round up is dedicated to Star Wars.

First up, news that hit the stands (are there still news stands?) revolved around the first photo of the 'official' cast. Watch the folks from IGN talk about the casting...



Read more here . It's a piece from the New Zealand Herald.

So - my first thought was 'yay - original cast members are back'. My second thought was - where are the other female characters? And this relates directly with my next point...

Apparently, the extended universe is no longer canon...Read Me
This can be seen as a good or bad thing. When I first read this I was shocked because I wanted Mara Jade to show up in the new film but, after reading some carefully considered thoughts about it I'm okay with it. Creativity knows no bound so I am happy to see where Abrams takes us...(but please, for the love of the force, have some strong female characters...please)


Now, for all you nerds and geeks who like to have some nerd fashion on hand you have to check out Her Universe for all things awesome. I have purchased some Battlestar Galactica stuff from the stall at SDCC a couple of years ago. (I'm still a little sad that I can't make it this year...) But the creator of the store, Ashley Eckstein, has geek credit. She voices Ahsoka in the Clone Wars series among other things. 


Seriously, these are just some of the awesome things that you can find there. Go...scurry along and spend up. I'll be here waiting...

This isn't new but it's freaking awesome:


This is stuck in my head...yes. 

And, to finish up, some amazing Star Wars Cosplay...just cause...


This is one of the few reasons why I'd want to have kids... Aw...

It could be a trap...
All of the cosplay images have come from Fuck Yeah Star Wars Cosplay ... check it out... :)

Happy May the Fourth all...

No comments:

Post a Comment