Pages

Sunday 22 May 2011

In which I talk about the RaptorRapture...

So, it's the 22nd of May over here in New Zealand but, because I live by myself, I cannot truly confirm whether the rapture has happened. Anyway, I have decided to rename it the Raptor because it sounds so much cooler. The only thing I can confirm is that I have gone and gotten myself a stupid cold. I woke up this morning with my mouth feeling like I'd eating cotton all night and, before you ask, I checked my pillow and it was still all there. Then my ears have been popping all morning followed by the fact that my throat has gone all funky which makes everything I eat taste like arse - or how I assume arse tastes since I have never actually tasted arse... I hate frigging colds. And I hate them even more when they happen at the start of winter.

As to the Raptor (rapture) well, I had great amusement on reading the twitter feed last night. There were some very crazy puns coming out there and some great music recommendations for #myraptureplaylist. Then there were all the cool photos for rapture pranks. But then I found out that some of Harold Camping's 'followers' have spent outrageous amounts of their own money on signs and other such promotions for the rapture.

Here are some links if you're interested:

Broadcaster silent as Judgment Day hours tick by
False Prophet Harold Camping Banked Millions on Doomday Scam
Rapture: the end was not nigh, after all

Not being religious myself I had a little trouble understanding why people would blindly follow something and give away all their money for advertisements. It makes no sense to me and, with my limited experience of religion I always assumed that it was all about faith and being a good person - treating others how you wish to be treated and so on. Sadly, that doesn't always seem to be the case.

Anyway, that was getting a bit too deep for this morning so I am going to post this and curl up watching Bones and then maybe Zombieland while inhaling warm cups of tea, getting in touch with my British side.

Enjoy your Raptor free day all.

No comments:

Post a Comment