Pages

Tuesday 31 May 2011

Hot Stuff and dressing like an Addams.

What song do you sing in the shower? Come on, do tell...it seriously can't be any worse than what I just found myself belting out. My songs of choice, today, just happened to be a melding of Donna Summer's Hot Stuff and All That Jazz from the musical Chicago. (For some strange reason I sounded like Rachel Berry - just not the singing talent. More of the 'I-can-rattle-off-seminal-Broadway-classics' Rachel.)

So, what do you find yourself singing in the shower?

Onto different news or non news if you want to view it that way. Although I would love to stay unemployed and writing full time a job has fallen into my lap. It is a job that I left five years ago when I decided that I needed to move overseas. I mentioned it briefly in my last post because it wasn't as much of a certainty as it is now which is why I find myself needing to go into town and hunt for black trousers. My job is at a bookstore but not one of those quaint, independent stores where you can let your inner hipster fly free* and wear whatever anarchistic shirt or whatever. This place is a nationwide company that has been in and out of the news lately and likes their employees to resemble beat poets from the 1960s...basically we have to dress in black.

I know black is supposed to be slimming but I'm a tad on the pale side** so wearing black is more than likely going to make me resemble either a vampire or Uncle Fester - just with more hair.*** I mean, the Addams family are pretty awesome but I don't know if I could pull off their look, you know. Anyway, I'm still of two minds about this job but it does mean that I will have regular money coming in...real money and not imaginary money so I might actually be able to afford something nicer than noodles in a cup...Oh the excitement I can barely contain it. Anyway, I've got to get going - toodle loo...****





*Not that I have an inner hipster - or any hipster for that matter...I'm pretty sure I fall squarely into the geek mold...
** I lie - I'm whiter than a frigging Cullen...damn my English heritage that makes me turn red but not tan.
*** I realise that I should have compared myself to Wednesday Addams rather than Uncle Fester - fail...
**** - I can't believe I wrote toodle loo...sigh...I need to get out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment