Pages

Thursday 10 February 2011

Random Quotes Part the Second or a tribute to Firefly

So, I feel that we haven't had any funny/amusing/humorous quotes for some time so I thought that I would do a tribute to the brilliance that is Firefly and Serenity. There is also the fact that I have been very busy writing for the last couple of days so this is a back up post.


First quote has to come from my favourite character Wash.


Wash: "Everything looks good from here... (beat...playing with plastic dinosaurs over his console) Yes. Yes, this is a fertile land, and we will thrive."
(as Stegosaurus) "We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... 'This Land'."
(as T-Rex) "I think we should call it...your grave!"
(Stegosaurus) "Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"
(T-Rex) "Ha ha HA! Mine is an evil laugh...now die!"
 This is one of my favourite lines from him and it is from the Pilot episode "Serenity Part One". I've even added a youtube clip for your enjoyment. 
Quote the second:
Bandit #1:  "And I think maybe you're gonna give me a little one-on-one time with the missus."
(Husband) Jayne: "Oh, I think you might wanna reconsider that last part. See, I married me a powerful ugly creature."
(Wife) Mal:  "How can you say that? How can you shame me in front of new people?"
(Husband) Jayne:  "If I could make you purtier, I would."
(Wife) Mal: "You are not the man I met a year ago." (they suddenly draw their guns on the bandits, Mal slowly pulling his bonnet off)
Mal: "Now think real hard. You been bird-dogging this township a while now. They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet: I will end you."

This quote is from "Our Mrs Reynolds" and it is a funny little scene between Jayne and Mal. Pure brilliance!

Number Three:

Book: "Yes, I'd forgotten you're moonlighting as a criminal mastermind now. Got your next heist planned?"
Simon:  "No. But I'm thinking about growing a big black mustache. I'm a traditionalist."

A witty little exchange between Book and Simon. And, let's face it, Simon with a big black mustache would look hilarious. (This is from the episode "War Stories" another great ep!)

Onto the fourth:
Book: "What are we up to, sweetheart?"
River: "Fixing your Bible."
Book: "I, um...(alarmed)...what?"
River: "Bible's broken. Contradictions, false logistics - doesn't make sense." (she's marked up the bible, crossed out passages)
Book: "No, no. You - you can't...
River: "So we'll integrate non-progressional evolution theory with God's creation of Eden. Eleven inherent metaphoric parallels already there. Eleven. Important number. Prime number. One goes into the house of eleven eleven times, but always comes out one. Noah's ark is a problem."
Book: "Really?"
River: "We'll have to call it early quantum state phenomenon. Only way to fit 5000 species of mammal on the same boat." (rips out page)

This could be controversial but I love this. River is such an interesting character and the interaction between her and Book is very well timed. This is from the episode "Jaynestown".

Five:
Wash: "Yeah well, if she doesn't give us some extra flow from the engine room to offset the burn through, this landing is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh god oh god we're all gonna die?"
Mal: "This is the captain. We have a...little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then...explode."

This is from the film Serenity and it is from the opening sequence. 
Gorram it I love this series. I could talk about it forever and never tire from it. I really do recommend it, not only for the great story telling but for the cast, themes and everything in general. 

Anyway, enough of my lolly-gagging around (does anyone actually say that anymore) I have to get back to my writing. Working on chapter three of my new story and it is rough going at the moment. My characters are more than a little uncertain of themselves and that is making me a little nervous. 

Until next time - peace and pancakes.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment