Instead, today I decided to focus on me and the things that really make me feel more like me.
I've mentioned before that I am quirky and I have some rather...um...odd idiosyncrasies but, the main thing is, that I enjoy those little things that make up for me. So I have decided to write a small list of things that make me, well, me!
- I sometimes love to wear my hair in pigtails or plaits. I don't care that I am 29 and it may make me look 12. I do it because it makes me smile. I do it because I like the feeling of whimsy.
- I like to dance around to showtunes and songs from the 80s. I don't care if I look like someone in the midst of a fit or someone standing on an electric fence.
- Following on from the last point - I love to sing showtunes and Disney songs. Especially when I'm driving and I don't care if people look at me strange because it's my choice to want to do a rendition of Wicked while driving.*
- I like to paint my toenails in winter, even though no one will see them.
- I like My Little Ponies AND Transformers. (Though I liked Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors more!)
- I love Penelope Garcia's style from Criminal Minds just as much as I love her personality. She likes to surround herself with things that bring her joy and I need to do more of that. Plus, she doesn't conform to those around her. Why should she?
- I love to collect badges. Especially if they are quirky and make me giggle because I'm allowed to smile, damn it. I'm allow to be happy or amused! Adding to this, I also like to buy books because I know I'll read them more than once! Or, if I don't, I'll give them to a good home!
- I love using large words that trickle from my tongue. I love to manipulate language until I have said the same thing three different ways. I love the sounds that words make and how they can change a scene from seriousness to comedic in a split second. (Or by the removal of key grammar points! Remember that grammar can save lives!)
- I love making other people smile or laugh because I can. I don't care if I look like an idiotic. If I can make you feel better about being you why wouldn't I?
- And, finally, I love expressing myself in my own way. I don't want to be a sheep. I don't care if my shoes are so '2008'. Like I give a frak. I was never put here to appease anyone but myself! If you don't like me that's your problem because, for today, I'm feeling pretty darn awesome.
*Singing "Popular" from Wicked is so much fun.